This weekend, we tracked tweets about the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. During the three-hour broadcast on Sunday, April 1, 2012, we tracked 214,407 tweets from more than 96K contributors that reached more than 43.5 million unique Twitter accounts. Tweet volume peaked at 3,686 tweets per minute during the show.
The most retweeted tweet of the night was from @Country_Words and received 1,397 retweets.
The most buzzed about Twitter moments from the ACM Awards show were:
- Song of the Year goes to Eli Young Band for “Crazy Girl”
- Entertainer of the Year goes to Taylor Swift
- Album of the Year goes to Miranda Lambert for “Four the Record”
- Vocal Group of the Year goes to Lady Antebellum
- Male Vocalist of the Year goes to Blake Shelton
- Single Record of the Year goes to Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson for “Don’t You Wanna Stay”
- New Artist of the Year goes to Scotty McCreery
- Female Vocalist of the Year goes to Miranda Lambert
Overall, thousands of tweets were posted about Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, and Reba McEntire. Shelton and McEntire were the show’s hosts, while Lambert and Swift were two of the night’s big winners. Finally, here’s the infographic we prepared for the 2012 ACMs (click to see full size).
What did you think? Did you watch? What was your favorite moment from the awards show?
Track and report on your Twitter efforts with TweetReach.
Simple, beautiful Twitter analytics for PR and marketing pros.