Archive for the ‘SXSWi 2014’ tag
Quick reminder that our SXSWi happy hour is today from 3-5pm at The Ginger Man! Hit us up on Twitter or give us a shout if you’re in Austin and want to come by. Join us for some delicious beer and snacks, and ask all the burning questions you’ve ever had about our products. Or just relax and enjoy a respite from the chaos of SXSWi while having the opportunity to meet our robot mascot, Merle.
Coming into Austin for SXSWi and not sure what to fill your dance card with just yet? We’ve highlighted some panels around social media, analytics, and from some of our friends at Gnip, Tumblr, and more that we think are worth checking out. (And if you want to know what we’re up to, you can check that out here, and give us a shout if you want to come by our happy hour on Monday, March 10 at The Ginger Man!)
Sunday, March 9
12:30PM: Sharknado & Twitter: The Perfect Social Storm with Dana Ortiz of NBC Universal/Syfy and Fred Graver, Head of TV at Twitter
1:00PM: Beyond Dots on a Map: Visualizing 3 Billion Tweets with Gnip Product Manager, Ian Cairns
5:00 pm: Union Metrics Co-Founder and CCO Jenn Deering Davis is hosting a mentoring session at the Hilton Garden Inn. Register for a time slot ahead of time, and hurry– there’s only one left!
Monday, March 10
12:30PM: Entertainment Marketing in the Age of the SuperFan with Director of Canvas, David
Tuesday, March 11
11:00am: #EsuranceSave30: Why 5 Million Tweeted in 36 Hours with John Ploumitsakos, Director of Online Sales at Twitter; Jesse Dillow, Associate Creative Director at Leo Burnett; Josh Raper, Vice President + Account Director at Leo Burnett; and Nancy Abraham, VP of Advertising at Esurance
Wednesday, March 12
And a bonus session for those sticking around for the music portion of the festival:
Friday, March 14
Will you be at SXSWi this year? We’d love to see you! Here’s where you can find the Union Metrics team (and probably our buddy Merle):
Austin Startup Crawl | Thursday, March 6 | 5-10pm
We love being a part of the Startup Crawl to unofficially kick off SXSWi! If you haven’t experienced the Startup Crawl before, it’s a great way to get to know a lot of the people at the fantastic, burgeoning companies in Austin as well as the people who have brought them to life. Find details and RSVP here, and you can find us at a table in the lobby atrium at the Omni downtown.
Interested in working with us? You can find our open job listings here!
SXSW Mentor Sessions | Sunday, March 9 | 5-6pm
Our CCO and Co-Founder Jenn Deering Davis is hosting a mentor session Sunday evening at the Hilton Garden Inn on the 10th Floor. Register for a time slot online ahead of time, but you’ll have to hurry– there are only three left!
Union Metrics SXSWi Happy Hour | Monday, March 10 | 3-5pm
This year we’re excited to host our happy hour at The Ginger Man! Join us for some delicious beer and snacks, and ask all the burning questions you’ve ever had about our products. Or just relax and enjoy a respite from the chaos of SXSWi. Sound good to you? Shoot us an email, or let us know on Twitter and we’ll put you on the list!
SXSWi Panels you should definitely take a look at, and vote for if they interest you!
- Anatomy of a Twitter Rumor from Gnip data scientist Dr. Scott Hendrickson
- Beyond Dots on a Map: The Future of Mapping Tweets from Ian Cairns and Eric Gundersen, more of our friends from Gnip
- Native Behavior in a World of Native Advertisers from Ari Levine of Tumblr, Leila Thabet of We Are Social, and Kelly McCarthy of Vayner Media
- #WeMadeItWeird: Social Media & Augmented Reality from Anne Ahola of Ward CircleClick Media, Dashiell Driscoll of Funny or Die, Greg Tseng of Tagged, and Derek Andersen of StartupGrind
- A Master Class About Brands With Personality from Alexis Kaplan of Tumblr and Amber Gordon of Gotham Inc.
- Developers – The Missing Link for Girls In Tech from Tracey Welson-Rossman of TechGirlz
- Adventures in Onboarding and User Growth from Sarah Henochowicz, Nick Thuesen, and Derek Gottfrid of Tumblr
- Can’t play scared: Finding success in real-time from Dan Gadd of Taylor Global, Eric Gruen of Procter & Gamble, Sean Doherty of NASCAR, and Jennifer Hinkle of the Washington Redskins
We also humbly submit our own panels for your consideration, one last time:
- From Tweets to GIFs: How Social TV is Evolving from Jenn Deering Davis
- Career Autopsy: Lessons from 16 Years as a Dev from Mando Escamilla
Happy voting! See you at SXSWi 2014?
Adorable GIF credit goes to Pusheen.com