We tracked more than a million tweets during this year’s Oscars telecast (along with partner Mass Relevance). So what did Twitter think of the show? Here’s our analysis of key moments and tweets from the show. Click here to view the full size version of this infographic.
Twitter got pretty excited when:
- Melissa Leo dropped the f-bomb during her Best Supporting Actress speech
- Toy Story 3 won Best Animated Feature
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross won Best Original Score for The Social Network
- The cast of Harry Potter, Twilight and other films were autotuned
- Oprah announced the Best Documentary Feature award (and when Banksy didn’t win for Exit Through the Gift Shop)
- Natalie Portman won the Best Actress Oscar
- The King’s Speech won for Best Picture
Other spikes were when:
- Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake presented the animated awards
- James Franco dressed as Marilyn Monroe
- Christian Bale won Best Supporting Actor
- Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi’s performed the Oscar-nominated song from Tangled
- Colin Firth won the Best Actor Oscar
- PS22 sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow
By the way, our predictions for the big three Oscars were correct! As we dig more into the data over the next few days, we’ll be posting additional Academy Award tweet analysis here.
Track and report on your Twitter efforts with TweetReach.
Simple, beautiful Twitter analytics for PR and marketing pros.